Monday, March 12, 2012

Science 3/12/2012

THIS JUST IN!!!!

I just received the information for the Kansas State University's EXCITE (EXploring sCIence Technology and Engineering) Summer Workshop.  I have had students go in the past and have a fun (and educational) experience. Click on the link below and it will take you to their site for more information. I'll post a couple of pictures from when I went several years ago. I'll have copies of the flyer and registration brochure for those girls who are interested. Here's hoping this will help boost the STEM student enrollment.


http://www.k-state.edu/excite/upcoming_events.htm

Students used some of the equipment and tools.
One group built "working" houses with lights and a furnace.
We visited an architect group in KC.
Students created their own floor plans on their CAD system.
Taking home their floor plans.
Making marble launchers.
Girls shared a dorm room and ate in the cafeteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment