Friday, January 10, 2014

Welcome back!! Jan. 10, 2014

I hope that everyone had a good break. I certainly did, spending time with family and relaxing was certainly needed and enjoyed.

I unexpectedly had a day longer break as I got ill on Sunday before we returned. The sub did a good job of dealing with the lesson plans written when I had less than focused concentration.

When I got back on Tuesday we jumped right in. We started learning about chemical bonding - ionic, covalent, metallic, and polyatomic ions. Since this is new information for my students we have been taking it fairly slow. They are giving me "thumbs up" when surveyed about their understanding of the topic.

Part of a journal showing .5 mile visibility due to fog and an increase of daylight by 12 minutes.

Today was our first Weather Journal recording of the new year. We discovered that the amount of daylight is increasing since we returned from break. Yea! We also have been looking at the web cam at several sites over the course of the year. I've included some of those for you to view.

Island Falls, ME

Mt. Katahdin, ME

Fargo, ND

San Francisco, CA

Seattle, WA

Crater Lake, OR Steel Visitor Center

I'm looking forward to a busy weekend that includes some fun activities. Hope you have the same in store.


No comments:

Post a Comment