Monday, July 20, 2015

Getting ready! July 2015


I hope everyone is having a good summer. I have been spending a little time getting ready for the 2015-16 school year. Mrs. Zolman, Mr. Wilkinson, and I attended a KSDE Conference in June. We met Science teachers from around the state and got lots of great ideas for next school year.

This was immediately after Mrs. Cindy Couchman's session. (She took the picture!)

 If you would like to see some of what we did, check out this video trailer I made for the afternoon sessions we attended at the conference.


The custodians have been hard at work in the building and our classroom is spic and span for the coming year. Construction is underway for the new tennis courts which we will be able to see them from our classroom window.

I hope that everyone was able to watch part of the New Horizons flight past Pluto. It has sent back some amazing data and has greatly expanded our knowledge. I'm also checking in on the Rosetta Mission, expecting our understanding of comets to increase greatly as a result of this ESA mission. If you are out in the evenings or can't sleep, you might want to look for the International Space Station.You can look up when the ISS will next fly by at NASA's Spot the Station.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Mrs. Poulseen

No comments:

Post a Comment